Wednesday, January 14, 2015

So Far So Good

I've so far stuck to my New Year's resolution to try one new thing a week.

Last week I attended a book club meeting that I found on meetup.com.  They were discussing Orphan Train and since I just finished it, it was a great opportunity to get out there and meet new people.

There were about 10 people who showed up, which was good considered it snowed earlier in the day.  Pretty good discussion.  And most everyone seemed nice.  So I think I'll go back next month.

This week I signed up for a Networking After Work event.  It was last night at The Gryphon (which is a restaurant close to work that I have been wanting to try).  There was probably 150 people there, from every type of job.  I had asked my friend, Craig, to join me so I would know at least one person there.  I ended up talking with a woman who knows a guy I went on a few dates with last year.  Kind of awkward.

Next week I think I might try a country line dancing class...  

No comments:

Post a Comment